2010 Present Care Assistant
- Federal Medical Centre, Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria.
- Delivered Care to the young and aged as a care assistant in operating theatre (Obstetrics and gynaecology, Accident and Emergency, Peadiatric, Ophthalmic, Urology, Neuro, Orthopaedic and general surgery theatre) as a care assistant attached with the department of Anaesthesiology.
- Delivered care to the young and aged in the post anaesthetic care unit, Intensive Care Unit (ICU) and High Dependency Unit (HDU).
- Took inventory of Anaesthetic agents under the supervision of a nurse anaesthetist
- Achieved compliance with 100% of statistics, inspection, ensuring all administration was fully up to date and compliant.
- Monitored and recorded patients vital signs.
- Ensured steady supply of oxygen and operated oxygen equipment and accessories for oxygen dependent patients.
- Identified serious vulnerabilities in patients.
- Attended seminars to learn and share best practices and keep up to date local issues and changes to regulatory framework and ethics.
i. Health care organization and need for team work.
ii. Injection safety-infection prevention and control.
iii. Security and safety in the hospital and at home.
1999-2005 west African school certificate exam
Diligently followed planned schedules for all task, especially when working on multiple task with various patients.
Ensured patients personal data are kept private according to requirement and regulation.
Understanding patients verbal and non-verbal cues built a good bond with patients to offer quality interaction.
Hygiene, Health and Safety
Applied sterile procedure in compliance with applicable regulations with a special focus on ensuring patients were advised on safety in the hospital.
Thought outside the box and improvised when in distress.
English and Igbo
I have 12+ years experience working in a tertiary health institution in Nigeria.